Tuesday, September 24, 2013

The best acne fighter?

A review of three facial cleansers tested by me and my girls.
AcneFree: Oil-Free Acne Cleanser
Price: $6.00.
Big sis didn't like this one. She said it dried her face way too much.
Little sis seemed to have no problem with it.
I also found it too drying, but that is true of most of these types of products. Nothing a good moisturizer won't fix.
Gentle exfoliating? Not impressed. The purpose of exfoliating is to remove dead/dry skin cells. Imagine doing this with a marshmallow. Obviously it's not going to work.

Clean&Clear Daily Pore Cleanser
Price: $5.00. Big sis actually bought this one with her left over birthday money.
There wasn't much to complain about here. Exfoliation is just right.
Big sis said it left her skin feeling very smooth. Thumbs up for me although it was also a little drying like the first one, but not as bad. I'm guessing lttle sis also likes it since big sis kept asking me to hide it from her.


Neutrogena Deep Clean Cream Cleanser.
Price:$5.00 This one didn't have any scrubbing beads, but it was our favorite of all three. The dryness was very minimal. Big sis told me she loved that "tingly feeling".
I didn't even notice it at first untill she told me to leave it on a few minutes before rinsing off. My face did break out a tiny bit after using this stuff,. I've always heard that this is normal when first using some facial cleaners, so I'll give it a chance.

What cleansers or acne fighting remedies would you recommend?

No comments:

Post a Comment